Just when you think it’s a good time to put on your slippers, grab your favorite book, and enjoy an afternoon in front of the cozy, warm fireplace, we’re here to tell you to turn your attention back to your landscaping plans! It may seem like winter temperatures, rain, and snow would prevent you from tackling outdoor projects, but there are actually some excellent reasons why winter is a great time to build a patio.
- You can find contractors more easily. Once the temperatures start warming up, contractors are hit with an unending stream of inquiries for project estimates and arranging for work. Winter is a quiet season for contractors, so it will be much easier to find a good one who can do the work for you.
- You’ll get a better price for the work. Construction bids work on the same economic laws of supply and demand as other goods in the marketplace. When demand is greater than the availability of laborers, the bids for work get pricier. When fewer jobs are in progress, contractors become more competitive and are more likely to give you a better offer to win your contract.
- Plants can deal with it better. Whether it’s equipment driving across your turf or moving shrubs and trees, plants are heartier in the winter and can weather the wear and tear more easily. You’ll have a much better chance that your plants will survive the stressors of construction and be back to their beauty by the time Spring arrives.
- The construction will disrupt your family less. Since your family is spending less time in the backyard when the weather is cold, it won’t matter if it’s torn up or that there’s equipment sitting in your yard. In fact, soon, it will be dark by the time everyone gets home from work or school anyway.
- You’ll enjoy your patio when the sun comes back. As soon as the earth completes its cycle and we enter Spring again, your outdoor area will be ready and waiting for you. You won’t miss a single sunny, warm day on your new outdoor patio.
Choosing the best materials for your patio is as easy as visiting Hilton Landscape Supply.
It’s a great time to build a patio. When you’re looking for the best hardscape material for your outdoor projects, choose Hilton Landscape Supply. Our professional team at Hilton Landscape Supply can help you outline your project and select the best materials to do the job. We have a variety of flagstone and pavers for you to choose from to create a look uniquely your own. We’ll even deliver your materials right to the worksite. Visit us today to learn more about the possibilities.