An easily overlooked benefit of a landscaped backyard is better health. Having an outdoor oasis designed to fulfill your specific needs and to fit your personality will inevitably entice you, your family, and your friends to spend more time outside enjoying the fresh air. Investing in landscaping materials to create patio spaces, walkways, flower beds, and fountains does much more than just add to the beauty of your home—these investments pay off by improving physical and mental health.
Here are just a few examples of the benefits you’ll enjoy from having a newly landscaped yard:
- Boost your intake of Vitamin D. The sun is a natural source of Vitamin D, which plays an important role in reducing your risk of several health conditions such as heart disease and osteoporosis and also helps alleviate insomnia and depression. This is one reason why people enjoy vacationing in sunny, tropical areas and feel an uplift to their spirits when days become longer and sunnier.
- Relax your mind. Imagine sitting on your new patio, breathing in the fresh air, and listening to the soothing sounds of birds chirping and your new fountain bubbling. Taking a break in your beautifully designed outdoor area will calm your mind and soothe your soul.
- Increase family time. Having an outdoor area with spaces designed for relaxing, eating, gardening, and playing with pets makes it the ultimate space for the family to gather. Hilton Landscape Supply has materials to fit every need—from beautiful flagstones for patio areas to playground mulch to keep children safe in their designated “kid zones.”
- Stretch your legs. No matter if your yard is big or small, spending time outdoors is bound to increase your physical activity. Larger areas with hardscape walkways and focal points invite visitors to move around and enjoy the sights. Raised vegetable beds make gardening more enjoyable. Just spending time regularly pruning plants and watering flowers will get your body moving.
- Think better. When all of these benefits are combined—increased Vitamin D, mental relaxation, exercise, and family bonding—the human brain is able to perform at its best. People who spend more time in the outdoors find their memory improves and it’s easier to make good decisions.
Where do you start?
If you’re just beginning your journey to creating the outdoor space of your dreams, our team of landscaping professionals at Hilton Landscape Supply is here to help. We’ve been serving Southern Oregon and Northern California for over 60 years and are a one-stop-shop for all your rock, wood products, soil conditioners, and general landscaping needs. Stop by or give us a call for ideas to begin planning your ultimate outdoor area.