Job Description: Position oversees the staffing and scheduling of the retail store, yard hands, and loader operators this includes ensuring employees are taking breaks and lunch periods as mandated by state laws. The supervisor will be responsible for training new employees on the point of sale, normal daily procedures, loader and forklift safety training, and general yard training, and other duties as necessary.
The position will ensure that there is a daily schedule in place for regular cleaning of the customer areas including restrooms, breakrooms, and garbage retrieval in all areas of the store including offices. This position will also oversee the company’s safety program which includes maintaining eyewash stations, SDS Sheets, and fire extinguishers.
- Set performance goals and project deadlines that align with the company’s larger plans
- Ability to delegate work to employees, track progress and provide constructive feedback
- Address problems with work quality, issues between employees and other concerns in an
effective, timely manner
- Ensure employees adhere to company policies and legal regulations
- Serve as a link between subordinates and upper management
- Conduct performance reviews, motivate team members and create strategies to boost
- Point of Sale and Store Training
- Loader Training including daily grease and maintenance procedures
- Yard Hand Training
- Fork Lift Training and Certification
- Preparation of weekly work schedules
- Cleaning Schedule
- Safety Program
- Manage other miscellaneous projects
- Experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or related field (preferred)
- Great organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to train and motivate people
Compensation: Hilton Landscape Supply offers competitive wages, health benefits, and a matching 401K
program. Pay will be dependent upon experience.